Wednesday, November 27, 2013

If I had a second chance ..

If I had a second chance ..
If only I could take another shot at life....
If only I had this matured brains back then ....
If only I chose differently when given the chance ....

 
I keep saying these.. Almost everyday, in connection to almost every thing. But over the last few weeks, incidents, though very insignificant, forced me to give it a thought. Would I really change my life if I were given another chance ?

Few weeks ago , we went shopping for dresses . I browsed , no ,not browsed, ransacked the whole of the collections in the store and picked up two. The irony, these were dresses of pattern and designs, I owned previously (about two years ago) just in different colors. I knew how the color had run and how the dressed grew shabby after a few washes. But my heart, my stupid heart wouldn't let go what it likes. I got the same ones again !!

And then last week when we visited my husband's place, my mom in law asked if I would like to exchange the mixer grinder I have at my place with the one she had there. I spat out 'NOooooo..' . The story of me, my mixie and my mom- in- law dates back to the day when my mom- in -law first laid her eyes on the mixie I had bought. She immediately identified  it as one that would not last long. True to her word it does have break downs starting the first month of usage. But exchange it for a better one? No !! Never...

These things made me realize, that I wouldn't change my life or anything about it for anything worse or anything better. Given a second chance at life , I would make the same choices over . I took those decisions, got those things, held on to those people, let the others go because that is exactly what I wanted back then .May be it was not the best thing but still it was what I wanted . Getting another chance wouldn't change anything . Anything at all .. I am happy with my life .. Touch-wood...

So,

If I had a second chance , I would take the same decisions again.
If only I could take another shot at life, my life would hardly be any different.
If only I had this matured brains back then , I would  live this same life anyways.. .
If only I chose differently when given the chance, my life wouldn't have been this awesome..



No comments:

Post a Comment