Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bhagavad Gita Classes to be Made Compulsory in Secular India



Irony , yet again. Why do our politicians generate new instances for us to laugh at every other day ? Guess it is  their way of proving the old proverb , "An idle mind is a devil's workshop " true. As our leaders are least interested in the welfare of the masses they get these peculiar ideas to idle away their time in their posh offices  . At least that is what I feel every time I listen to news like Karnataka government being open to make Bhagavad Gita teaching compulsory in all government schools. However , it is the Education Minister Vishwanath Hegde Kageri  who said  that, those opposing the Gita teaching should quit India, that made me go ROFL . You can't ask me to quit India because I stand for a secular country . By the way is that not what our Constitution aims at ?

So , when our politicians choose to avoid and not abide by the Constitution , I guess it is time we make Constitution classes compulsory  for the politicians . What say Supreme Court of India? 

4 comments: